Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Leaving Day!

Leaving day!

Its been a long time coming but here it is.

Saturday was our "Leaving Doo" and it was a blast, seen the people I wanted to and generally had a good time.
Michaels mother, Alison, had decked out the bar with lots of Australian things, inflatables, banners etc which I was not expecting but it was very thoughtful. There was also a massive Aussie themed cake. (Pictured)

We have decided to add a trip to Vietnam to the adventure in September for Mikes birthday, some people from home are going to be there at the same time so that should be great!

Its a weird feeling to actually be at this point, i'm no longer excited, not particularly exstatic just sorta numb really. I guess its a sort of apprehension and a fear of forgetting something important as well as leaving everything behind without an end date.

I would like to extend a great deal of gratitude to my parents for being so  ludicrously generous, not just recently but always. I dont think I would have managed any of this without them or indeed anything at all. I realise they may be a bit nervous having me leave to these far flung countries but think of the bigger picture. The fridge will be fuller, the energy bills lower and the washing piles smaller. The internet makes the world teeny tiny anyway.

Also, went biking in Fort William on Monday, was taking a fairly large risk as it was the most challenging stuff I've ever done but the sun was out, got faster each run and didnt crash so all's well that ends well.

Next stop Manchester and a date with a band I thought I would never see. Then onto Kota, Frasers flat mate's birthday is on the day we arrive so there is a big BBQ planned so it should be a cracking start!

No comments: